Emergency Department Renovation Improvement Project
The Emergency Department Renovation Improvement Project is a 25 475 square foot interior and exterior renovation of the existing Emergency Department at the Brantford General site.
The scope of this project includes:
- New walk-in entrance
- Renovation of patient entry, waiting, triage, and registration
- Development of a new See & Treat area
- Relocation of Level 1 public corridor
- New ED offices and Indigenous Healing Lodge
- Renovated staff support and lockers
- Renovated Extended Stay area
- And works related to the relocation of current occupants that will move to areas elsewhere in the facility.
The ED will remain open and operational throughout the construction period.
In July 2023, the ED project entered Stage 3: Construction when the Ontario Government invested over $28 million into the project. Construction began September 5, 2023.